Bayfield County Health Infrastructure Grant
A community wellness initiative that promotes the health infrastructure of Bayfield County, its residents and visitors.
Provide the community with assistance to create the opportunity for a better place to live by supporting infrastructure for physical activity, promoting health and wellness.
- Applications due May 28, 2021.
- Cost sharing of 50% from Bayfield County with local communities.
- Up to $5,000 per project for cost-sharing. Minimum of $1,000 request for grants.
- Up to $20,000 of funds available county-wide.
- Grant funds may only be used for materials, equipment and contractual costs.
- Community may include donations of equipment, materials, parts, labor, and time in 50% cost-sharing. (Labor contributions up to $10/hour.)
- Approved grant expenses will be reimbursed upon project completion.
- Any funds awarded must not be used to replace (supplant) funds that have already been appropriated for the project.
- Projects must be completed by June 24, 2022. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Projects must create an opportunity for physical activity and/or promotion of healthy living. Special preference will be given to projects that promote health and wellness for persons of all ages.
- Projects must focus on improving wellness opportunities in Bayfield County.
- Project proposals will be accepted from towns, cities, village or tribe located within Bayfield County. Community groups may work through these government entities.
- Project proposals must demonstrate local commitment in the form of two letters of support from community members or organizations.
- Selection of projects will be determined by the Health Infrastructure Committee.
- Grant recipients will be announced by June 4, 2021. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Improvements or outdoor exercise systems along hiking trails
- Walking path development
- Playground equipment or interactive outdoor exercise equipment
- Sidewalks or other walking paths
- Community gardens
- Safety enhancements in parks or at swimming beaches
- Basketball, volleyball, pickleball or tennis courts
- Skateboard or wheel parks
- Other proposed projects are welcome @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Resources listed for commercial products or services are provided for the convenience of the grant applicants and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favoring on the part of Bayfield County.
TriActive America http://www.triactiveamerica.com/
Call (715)373-6109 or email Health@bayfieldcounty.wi.gov