2022 Comprehensive Planning Committee
This committee discusses and analyzes the Bayfield County Comprehensive Plan.
Public input is both welcomed and encouraged. Anyone looking to share information regarding the comprehensive plan can share their information with Emily Nelson at the Northwest Regional Planning Commission.
Bayfield County Comprehensive Plan Open House Details:
The following dates have been tentatively set for three Bayfield County Open Houses:
- September 13, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. - County Board Room
- September 20, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. - Iron River Community Center
- September 27, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. - Cable Community Center
Bayfield County Comprehensive Plan and Open House Notice:
Please follow the link to view the press release regarding the Completion of the Bayfield County Comprehensive Plan and Notice of Public Listening Sessions.
Follow the above link to be directed to the Northwest Regional Planning Commission website to view currently revised portions of comprehensive plan.
This site contains drafts of each of the ten plan elements:
- Element 1: Issues & Opportunities
- Element 2: Housing
- Element 3: Transportation
- Element 4: Utilities & Community Facilities
- Element 5: Agricultural, Natural, & Cultural Resources
- Element 6: Economic Development
- Element 7: Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Element 8: Hazard Mitigation
- Element 9: Land Use
- Element 10: Implementation
*Please note that not every element has documentation available, but it will become available one it has been prepared. Please check back frequently for updates.
Follow the links to access information regarding the Land Use element of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Existing Land Use Definitions (PDF)
- Bayfield County Existing Land Use Review Landing Page
- Existing Land Use Web Map
- Existing Land Use Change Request Form
**The parcels marked with "X's" on the Land Use Web Map are not complete and the NWRPC is not asking for change suggestions for these parcels.
The Comprehensive Planning Committee Meeting has been scheduled for:
- October 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will be held in the County Board Room located in the Courthouse Building in Washburn, WI. Members of the public are welcome to attend each meeting.
- Steve Sandstrom, Board Supervisor
- Charly Ray, Board Supervisor
- Mary Dougherty, Board Supervisor
- Jim Crandall, Board Supervisor
- Ruth Hulstrom, Planning & Zoning Director
- Ben Dufford, County Conservationist
- Jason Bodine, Forest Administrator
- Nicole Boyd, Red Cliff Tribal Chairwoman @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Gus Smith, US Forest Service Designee
- Cole Rabska, BCEDC Director
- Bob Anderson, Highway Commissioner
- Keith Koenning, Town of Clover
- Barb Thorpe, Town of Iron River
- Kellie Pederson, UW Extension Community Development Educator
- Mark Abeles-Allison, County Administrator @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Jason Laumann, NWRPC
- Emily Nelson, NWRPC
- Megan Mader, NWRPC
Bayfield County Comprehensive Planning Committee Resolutions
In 2022, the Bayfield County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution approving the formation of the Comprehensive Planning Committee: