2022 Comprehensive Planning Committee
This committee discusses and analyzes the Bayfield County Comprehensive Plan.
Public income is both welcomed and encouraged. Anyone looking to share information regarding the comprehensive plan can share their information with Emily Nelson at the Northwest Regional Planning Commission.
Follow the above link to be directed to the Northwest Regional Planning Commission website to view currently revised portions of comprehensive plan.
This site contains drafts of each of the ten plan elements:
- Element 1: Issues & Opportunities
- Element 2: Housing
- Element 3: Transportation
- Element 4: Utilities & Community Facilities
- Element 5: Agricultural, Natural, & Cultural Resources
- Element 6: Economic Development
- Element 7: Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Element 8: Hazard Mitigation
- Element 9: Land Use
- Element 10: Implementation
*Please note that not every element has documentation available, but it will become available one it has been prepared. Please check back frequently for updates.
Follow the links to access information regarding the Land Use element of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Existing Land Use Definitions (PDF)
- Bayfield County Existing Land Use Review Landing Page
- Existing Land Use Web Map
- Existing Land Use Change Request Form
**The parcels marked with "X's" on the Land Use Web Map are not complete and the NWRPC is not asking for change suggestions for these parcels.
The Comprehensive Planning Committee Meeting has been scheduled for:
- July 20, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- August 17, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- September 21, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- November 16, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- January 18, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will be held in the Bayfield County Board Room in Washburn, WI. Members of the public are welcome to attend each meeting.
- Steve Sandstrom, Board Supervisor
- Charly Ray, Board Supervisor
- Mary Dougherty, Board Supervisor
- Jim Crandall, Board Supervisor
- Ruth Hulstrom, Planning & Zoning Director
- Ben Dufford, County Conservationist
- Jason Bodine, Forest Administrator @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Gus Smith, US Forest Service Designee
- Cole Rabska, BCEDC Director
- Bob Anderson, Highway Commissioner
- Keith Koenning, Town of Clover
- Barb Thorpe, Town of Iron River
- Kellie Pederson, UW Extension Community Development Educator
- Mark Abeles-Allison, County Administrator @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Jason Laumann, NWRPC
- Emily Nelson, NWRPC
- Megan Mader, NWRPC
bayfield county Comprehensive planning committee resolutions
In 2022, the Bayfield County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution approving the formation of the Comprehensive Planning Committee: