What's New in Economic Support

Wisconsin emergency rental assistance (WERA) available

Need help paying your rent? You may qualify for WERA assistance. Please read the WERA information Brochure for more information.

Do you need health coverage?   

Visit Healthcare.gov to find out if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period or if you could qualify for Medicaid (BadgerCare+).

Staying Connected to Public Assistance Benefits Just Became Easier

Find out more with the MyACCESS Mobile App. With the MyACCESS mobile app you can see the status of your benefits, be reminded of actions you need to take and submit documents for your case.

Home energy plus

Home Energy Plus helps qualified Wisconsin residents reduce energy use and costs through three offerings—the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP), the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), and the Home Energy Plus Furnace Program.
These offerings are available statewide and are funded by the Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA), Division of Energy, Housing and Community Resources (DEHCR). Bayfield County Department of Human Services supports Home Energy Plus by providing access to these services. An informative YouTube video describes these in more detail and can be viewed by following this link: Home Energy Plus video