GIS Data Download
FTP Site (GIS Download Only)
FTP site INSTRUCTIONS
To view GIS layers, look up land information, and print maps, please use the GIS Web Map.
To download GIS data, follow the FTP site link provided below and enter the username and password in the pop-up credentials box. GIS data is organized by folder and can be downloaded by clicking on the files. Please note that large file sizes may cause the connection to be dropped. For this reason, it’s helpful to use an FTP connection with a resume feature.
- FTP Site
- Username: ftpdownload@BayfieldCountyGIS.com
- Password: Please email us to receive the password
A few of the layers available on the FTP site:
- Addresses and Roads
- Building Footprints
- Contour Lines - 2 foot
- County and Town Boundaries
- Parcels and Owner Information
- Public Land
- Survey and PLSS Corner Records
- Trails (ATV, Snowmobile, Silent Sport)
- Zoning and Land Use
- Note that our LiDAR data is found on a different site (NOAA) which doesn’t require a password (See "LiDAR Information" below)
Published feature services are available through the REST Services page. Viewing the service in ArcMap or another program allows users to download a layer file for use.
Access LIDAR data via the NOAA website or state FTP site.
- Bayfield County 2009 - (NOAA)
- Bayfield County 2015/2016 - (NOAA)
- Bayfield County 2015/2016 - (State FTP)
- Douglas County 2016 - (NOAA)
- Apostle Islands Topobathy 2009 - (NOAA)
- Three County Lake Superior and St. Louis River 1 Mile Buffer (Includes Cities) 2009
Georeferenced Maps in Avenza Map Store
A selection of geolocated maps is available in the Avenza Map Store, which can be downloaded for free with the Avenza mobile app:
- Bayfield County ATV Map
- Bayfield County Snowmobile Map
- Bayfield County Road Map
- Bayfield County Silent Sport Trail Map
- Bayfield County Mt. Ashwabay Trail System
KML FILES VIEWABLE IN GOOGLE EARTH
We have converted several datasets into KML files, which can be viewed using Google Earth. The converted datasets include: addresses, parcels, roads, and zoning districts. To download these files, visit our FTP site or click below for trail data KML files.
View a listing of Bayfield County GIS data sources and feature descriptions.