Have a project in mind? Apply now for our Health Infrastructure Grant!
A community wellness initiative that promotes the health infrastructure of Bayfield County, its residents and visitors.
Purpose: Provide the community with assistance to create the opportunity for a better place to live by supporting infrastructure for physical activity, promoting health and wellness.
- Applications due Sunday, April 30, 2023.
- Cost sharing of 50% from Bayfield County with local communities.
- Up to $5,000 per project for cost sharing. Minimum of $1,000 request for grants.
- Up to $30,000 of funds available county-wide.
- Grant funds may only be used for materials, equipment and contractual costs.
- Community may include donations of equipment, materials, parts, labor, and time in 50% cost-sharing. (Labor contributions up to $10/hour.)
- Approved grant expenses will be reimbursed upon project completion.
- Any funds awarded must not be used to replace (supplant) funds that have already been appropriated for the project.
- Projects must be completed by Sunday, June 30, 2024.
- A final summary report is due by Wednesday, July 17, 2024, or within 2 weeks of end of project completion.
Criteria for Selection
- Projects must create an opportunity for physical activity and/or promotion of healthy living.
- Special preference will be given to projects that promote health and wellness for persons of all ages.
- Projects must focus on improving wellness opportunities in Bayfield County.
- Project proposals will be accepted from towns, cities, village or tribe located within Bayfield County. Community groups may work through these government entities.
- Project proposals must demonstrate local commitment in the form of two letters of support from community members or organizations.
- Selection of projects will be determined by the Health Infrastructure Committee.
- Grant recipients will be announced by Friday, May 26, 2023.
Suggestions for Project Proposals
- Improvements or outdoor exercise systems along hiking trails
- Increasing community opportunities for silent sports such as cycling, windsurfing, paddle boarding, skiing and snowshoeing
- Walking path development
- Playground equipment or interactive outdoor exercise equipment
- Sidewalks or other walking paths
- Community gardens or greenhouses
- Safety enhancements in parks or at swimming beaches
- Basketball, volleyball, pickleball or tennis courts
- Skateboard or wheel parks
- Improvements to existing buildings for youth and community development
- Other proposed projects are welcome
Fill out the application online (preferred)
Full Grant Description (PDF)
Grant Application (PDF)