I'm planning to retire, what do I need to do/know?
  1. Contact ETF for your retirement estimate six to 12 months before you think you will retire. This form contains estimates of the amounts you will receive under the various payment options. To apply for your retirement, fill it out and return it to ETF. You can get this estimate by:

 2. Submit a written retirement notice to your Department Head and/or Human Resources. As much advance notice as possible is appreciated to ensure continuity of service to our citizens.

 3. Once the Human Resources office receives your retirement notification, you will be sent access to several forms.  The sooner these forms are completed, the sooner payroll can make the necessary payroll adjustments related to premiums. Forms will vary depending upon which insurances you have enrolled in. Contact the County Clerk’s Office or Human Resources Office for details on when each insurance is effective through.

4. Schedule an exit interview with the Human Resources Office.

5. If you have participated in the HRA for at least 5 years, you are vested and can access the funds in your roll-over account after retirement. These funds may be used for eligible health insurance premiums and eligible medical, dental or vision expenses.

6. Any vacation earned, but not used, plus pro-rated vacation for the partial year will be paid out.

7. Employees may continue to participate in the Teamster Health Plan or the State of Wisconsin health insurance plan upon retirement if they were enrolled in the plan prior to retirement.  Premiums for health insurance are paid 100% by the employee upon retirement.  

8. Employees must have 10 work days in a month to be eligible for the county's contribution to health insurance premiums. An employee should consider this when selecting a retirement date.

9. Employees are unable to schedule vacation or comp time during the last 2 weeks of employment. The intent is to allow the retiring employee the opportunity to train incoming staff.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request reimbursement through the HRA?
2. How do I know how much I have available in my HRA or FSA account?
3. I know there are deadlines for HRA and FSA expenses and reimbursements. What are they?
4. How do I change my tax withholdings?
5. I'm having a baby, what do I need to do?
6. I'm having surgery, what paperwork do I need to fill out?
7. I'm planning to retire, what do I need to do/know?
8. I'm getting married or divorced, what paperwork do I need to do?
9. I will not be using all of my allotted vacation time this year, what do I need to do?
10. How do I know if a physician or clinic is covered by my insurance?
11. How do I change my Direct Deposit Account(s)?
12. I have a new address. Who do I need to notify?