How do I replace lost awards and/or decorations?

To request a set of medals awarded during your service you will need to submit a Standard Form 180 requesting the re-issue of your medals. The NPRC will find your military records and forward to the branch of service that you served in. This process may take several months to a year to complete. The program only allows a one-time reissue of the medal.

If the request is by a family member the family member must meet specific requirements of the active duty component in which the veteran served. The next of kin may apply for the medals.

Mailing address - National Personnel Records Center
 1 Archives Drive
 St. Louis, MO 63138

Fax number - (314) 801-9195

For more information visit the National Personnel Records Center

Show All Answers

1. How do I request military records?
2. How do I request an upgrade of discharge characterization?
3. How do I replace lost awards and/or decorations?